- The club will be called Appleton Association Football Club (hereafter referred to as Appleton AFC).
- The club will be run for the benefit of promoting amateur football within the area.
- The members of the Club shall so exercise their rights, powers and duties and shall, where appropriate use their best endeavours to ensure that others conduct themselves so that the business and affairs of the Club are carried out in accordance with the Rules and Regulations of the Football Association (‘F.A.’), County F.A. to which the Club is affiliated and then Competitions in which the Club participates, for the time being in force.
- The Club will also abide by The F.A.’s Child Protection Policies and procedures, Codes of Conduct and the Equal opportunities and Anti-Discrimination Policy as shall be in place from time to time.
- The Committee will be comprised of Chairperson, Treasurer, Secretary and as many members as is necessary to promote the club’s activities. Ideally, this should include one representative from each age group. Additional Committee members may be added in the interim period before/after the A.G.M. with this in mind and will be elected by the present Committee.
- The Committee will be elected annually and will serve for a one year period. The committee will meet every month to discuss the business of the club. (12 monthly meetings, second Monday of each month).
- Election of the Committee will take place at the club’s Annual General Meeting (A.G.M.). Nominations for election to the Committee will be accepted on the evening of the A.G.M. Each Manager will be allowed one vote for the election of each official. Voting by proxy will only be allowed at the discretion of the Committee.
- In the result of the resignation of an official, the Committee will be empowered to elect a stand-in official to ensure the continued running of the club until the next A.G.M.
- For the Committee to sit, a minimum of 5 members must be present.
- Major changes to how the Club is operated would need to be discussed at an EGM
- Club funds will by the responsibility of the Treasurer and the signing of cheques a dual operation (one other nominated official to sign with the Treasurer). The Club must keep all funds in an agreed Bank account.
- The Club will be affiliated to both the Football Association and the County FA.
- The training and selection of the teams will be the responsibility of the individual team managers. In the absence of the aforementioned, the responsibility will be the manager’s nominated deputy.
(a) A resolution to dissolve the Club shall only be proposed at a General Meeting and shall be carried by a majority of at least three-quarters of the members present.
(b) The dissolution shall take effect from the date of the resolution and the members of the Club Committee shall be responsible for the winding up of the assets and liabilities of the Club.
© Any surplus assets remaining after the discharge of the debts and liabilities of the Club shall be transferred to another Club, a Competition, the County F.A or The F.A. for use by them for related community sports.