Bullying of any kind is unacceptable and will not be tolerated by Appleton AFC. Should anyone become aware of any incidents of bullying then this should be reported immediately to Club Welfare Officer. This will then be dealt with promptly and effectively.
To be clear, bullying is the use of aggression with the intention of hurting another person. Bullying results in pain and distress to the victim and can be:
- Emotional, being unfriendly, excluding (emotionally and physically), sending hurtful text messages and tormenting, (e.g. Hiding football boots/shin pads, threatening gestures)
- Physical, pushing, kicking, hitting, punching or any use of violence
- Racial, Racial taunts, graffiti, gesture
- Sexual, unwanted physical contact or sexually abusive comments
- Homophobic, because of, or focussing on the issue of sexuality
- Verbal, name-calling, sarcasm, spreading rumours, teasing